Thursday 3 March 2016

Tobu - Debut Album "Sugar" Review

A Review of the debut album from top EDM producer - Tobu

Track Reviews and Ratings

Reviews are not meant to be in depth. Just a short description on my opinion of the tracks.







1. "Tobu & William Ekh - Let It Be Now (ft. Brenton Mattheus)" 
A fantastic track, great beat with a typical, unique Tobu sound to it. Definitely no disappointment for an opening track for the new album. Great vocals and lyrics with an exciting drop which has a nice chilled out melody.
Well worth a listen - Rating - 8/10

2. "
Tobu & Axero - Two Sides"
Once again, literally nothing bad to say about this track. Something that stood out (for me) were the incredible vocal chops used. Nice punchy drums and a lovely melody to accompany it. Rating - 8/10

3.
"Tobu -Casanova"
I know this track got a lot of stick but I think it is good that Tobu is experimenting outside of his usual style. However, saying that, I would not say that this track stands out in a good way, it stands out for being maybe a bit too different, I am only being honest, it's not one of his best - Rating - 6/10

4. "
Tobu & Wilson Pruden - Afraid of Love (Feat. Ranza Diven)"
Tobu back at his best in my opinion, the best drop on the album in my opinion, the sounds used are formidable and it is well mixed and mastered. A great collab, LOVE it! - Rating 10/10
5. "Tobu & Alex Skrindo - Smile"Once again, a fantastic collaboration which brings out the best in both producers. This track makes me smile. The melody is awesome and it is very well produced. Rating - 9/10
6. "Tobu - C4"
What else can I say? This is by far my favorite track on the album. The melody is fantastic, uplifting and energetic. A really fun listen. Incredible opening keys. Nothing bad I personally can say about this one! - Rating - 10/10

7. "Tobu - Think Positive (Feat. Alexa Lusader)"Not the strongest track on the album, but stile very good. I think it seems quite unfinished. On the other hand the vocals are well mixed and a good melody.  - Rating - 7/10

8.
"Tobu Sensual Massage"Probably the most Tobu track on this album, by that I mean what older Tobu sounded like. It is like that but if it was massively experimented with and made poor. Good melody ruined by experimentation in my opinion, it had so much potential to be great. - Rating - 6/10
9. Tobu - "I feel Lighter (Feat.Brenton Mattheus)"
Good, fun track. I like it, the drop is very strong, the vocals go perfectly with the track. Guitar sounds brilliant. - Rating - 8/10

10.
"Tobu - Damn Son"
I have changed my mind, this is my favorite track on the album, Tobu really saved the best till last on this one. I love it, everything about it is great, I have no words! - Rating - 10/10

Overall album rating - 8/10
Lots of experimentation but some incredible melodies. I really like it. Tobu deserves all of the popularity he gets and this album really proves it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment